Is riding 100 miles off road on your bucket list?
If so, the eleventh edition of The Amarider 100Miler, presented by The Bike Hub is the perfect race to get it done. Held in Malmesbury on 13th of April, this race is the ultimate Swartland meander offering dirt road riding around the Kasteelberg and surrounds. This is event is usually in May, however due to other events clashing we have moved it forward.
What makes this the perfect 100 Mile intro?
1) It’s accessible. With the start and finish in Malmesbury you don’t have to bother with transport, and you can drive to the start in the morning.
2) Price. Shop around, this race offers great value and your entry fee includes on-route breakfast and lunch points.
3) Support. Apart from a large race support contingent, your supporters can assist you at 4 easy to reach Spectator points on the day. This makes it perfect for your family and friends to be part of the day and allows you to break your effort into achievable segments.
4) Route. The route consists predominantly of flowing and fast-rolling dirt road. With 2400m of climbing over the day, it certainly is not flat but very few riders struggle to make cut-off.
5) The cause. Proceeds of the race goes towards Amarider’s advocacy efforts and over the past years have made projects like the recent opening of new trails on Table Mountain possible.
For catering purposes and general planning only, pre-entries will be accepted for this event and entries are limited. Riders can ride as solo competitors or form 4-person (non-relay) teams and enjoy a day out with mates in the saddle. The team results will be based on the 4th rider crossing the line thereby encouraging teamwork and camaraderie.
A shorter 50 mile (80km) race option, starts at the halfway mark at Riebeeck Kasteel and ends with the 100Miler riders at the Malmesbury Showgrounds. This event provides an opportunity for riders keen to get a taste of endurance riding and experience the 2nd half of the 100 mile route option.
DATE: Saturday, 13 April 2019
TIME: 07h30 (100Miler) & 09h00 (50Miler)
DISTANCE: 160km or 80km
100Miler: R 650
50Miler: R 420
Amarider members get R50 discount on entry fee
Pre-entries are open and will close on Wednesday, 10 April 2019. No late entries will be accepted.
100 MILER INFO:
Four spectator points - go and support the riders!
Total route elevation is 2200m
50 MILER INFO:
For the not so brave there are a 50 Miler (80km) which starts at Riebeeck Kasteel (Delico Butchery) and finishes in Malmesbury (please note entries are limited and only pre-entries are taken).
There will be a shuttle from the finish to the start at Delico at 07h30 and there will be NO shuttle available in the afternoon.
You have to book & pay R180 for the shuttles and they were fully booked in all previous years. Email email@example.com to secure your spot. So please try and arrange lifts with your friends or family. It is a 25km drive from the finish to the start.
You will need an Amarider Trail Tag to be timed for this event, you will tag in and out at various check points along the route.
The Trail Tags are available for purchase at R100 or for rent at R50. You’ll use the Tag at most Dirtopia and Amarider events, so you might as well purchase one. If you don’t have a Trail Tag you MUST purchase a temporary Trail Tag at R50 OR a permanent Trail Tag at R100 upon entering.
Amarider is a recreational trails advocacy group focused on improving trail opportunities on the African continent and proceeds of the event are channelled directly to trail projects. Amarider is focused on improving trail construction standards around the country and assist various mountain bike clubs to ensure that their trails are safe and environmentally sustainable.
Finishing the Amarider 100 Miler within the allotted 10hours 30minutes cut-off time is one of the most challenging endurance tests!
Make sure you LIKE the Amarider 100 Miler page on Facebook to stay updated with all information.
For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or contact 021 884 4547 or 021 884 4752 otherwise see the website: www.amarider100miler.co.za or www.dirtopia.co.za
Last update on this event: 02/03/2019
Event added: 02/03/2019