Medals To First 1500 Finishers
Cut-Off: 3 hours
30 Nov 2014
The Alberton Rugby Stadium Corner 2nd Ave & Braun Ave, Verwoerdpark
Online Start Date:
29 Oct 2014
Online End Date:
26 Nov 2014
Michael / Glyn
074 159 3605 / 082 451 6317
Distance & Entry Fee
21km Grand masters 60yrs+ R46
10km Grand masters 60yrs+ R26
21km @ R26
10km @ R21
4km Fun Run R26
(No Temp Licence Required)
21 & 10km 06:00
4km Fun Run 06:10
The Alberton Rugby Stadium Corner 2nd Ave, & Braun Ave, Verwoerdpark
GPS CO- ORDS: S 26o 16.539' E 028o 08.012'
From 04h30 At The Stadium On Race Day
Rules & Information
1. The Race is run in accordance with the rules of ASA & CGA. Registered athletes must be a member of a club affiliated to ASA, and wear official club clothing. Registered athletes must wear their 2014 licence numbers on the front and back of their vest. No advertising allowed
2. Temporary licencee must wear plain clothing and pin licence number on front of their vest.
3. All athletes compete at their own risk. Athletes enter on condition that they indemnify national, provincial & regional bodies, sponsors & organizers of the race against all and any action whatsoever nature, whataver same arising out of their participation in the event
4. Athletes must be at least 15 years of older for the 10km and 16 years or older for the 21km.
5. Athletes competing for the age categories must wear the numerical age category tag on the front & back of their vest and clearly visible at all times. Junior athletes must wear "J" on the (front & back) of their vest.
6. A junior athlete competing for prize money must br between the ages of 16-18 on 31 December 2014
7. Proof of age for prize winners will be required & is to be produced to the race referees before prize giving; (birth certificate or ID documents only). Prizes will be withheld until confirmed.
8. Temporary licensed athletes are eligible for open and category prizes provided they have the age tags clearly visible front & back.
9. Athletes must comply with domicilium rule when competing for team prize. Only South african athletes qualify for team prizes.
10. The race committee reserves the right to accept or reject any entry.
11. Prizes will only be awarded to athletes who have filled in the race stickers comprehensively.
12. Foreign athletes are to comply with ASA rules.
13. International athletes must provide a clearance letter from their country of origin to the Referee in the event of them winning a prize.
14. Regret no wheelchair athletes.
15. No blade, cyclist or mechanically operated devices allowed in the races. No 2,3 or 4 Wheel carts / prams which are manually operated by participants will be permitted to participate without the special permission of the race organizers and traffic authorities.
* We regret that athletes are not allowed to participate with pets (i.e.dogs) or earphones
16. NO SECONDING will be permitted on any part of the race routes. Any runner who is seconded is liable for disqualification. No vehicle, motorcycle or bicycle will be allowed to follow runners on the route.
17. Refreshment stations will be available on the route.
18. Failure to obey rules, referees, traffic marshals or any official could result in disqualification.
19. A Tog Bag Area will be available at the start.
20. Car guards will be in attendance - Please acknowledge their services. Race organizers and sponsors do not accept any liability for any damages or losses incurred on the day in any form of your belongings.
21. No Alberton club member may participate in the race. There will be a club run for the helpers.
22. Race results will be available on the internet: www.raceresults.co.za
10 - 14 working days after the race.
074 159 3605 / firstname.lastname@example.org
082 451 6317 / email@example.com