The Marathon that's essential for your Comrades Preparation!
EXCITING NEW ROUTE!!
: 30 Mar 2014
Rietvlei Zoo Farm, Swartkoppies Rd, Between Alberton And Mulbarton, Alberton R554
Online Start Date:
07 Feb 2014
Online End Date:
26 Mar 2014
: 072 679 0874
Distance & Entry Fee
42.2km Grand Masters (60yrs+) R68.40
Marathon Runners Must Have A Permanent Licence
21.1km Grand Masters (60yrs+) R57
21.1km Temporary Licence R26
5km Fun Run / Walk (On Park Run Trail) R30
(Entries On The Day Only)
Fun Run / Walk 07h00
CPS: -26.312175 and 28.079381
or Latitude : -26o18'44.4234" Longitude: 28o4'46.776"
Pre-entry Race Numbers & CGA Temp licences to be collected at the venue from 10h00 - 17h00 on the day before the race and from 05h00 on race day
Late entries will be taken from 10h00 - 17h00 on the day before the race and from 05h00 on race day, at NO extra charge'
Online entries for both the 21km & 42.2km races will close on Wednesday 26th March 2014
*** Proof of online entries must be produced when collecting race numbers***
1. T-shirts to the first 1800 Half-Marathon Finishers and first 1200 Marathon Finishers
2. Medals to all finishers up to 11h30, 3000 on the day, rest to be distributed to clubs
3. Prize giving of the 21.1km race is at 09h00
4. Prize giving of the 42.2km race is at 11h00
5. Cut off time for both 21.1km and 42.2km is strictly 11H30
6. Walkers are Welcome, on the Half-Marathon only
7. Runners will be asked to leave the route after 11h30 as support will be withdrawn
8. Full race results will be published on the internet at www.raceresults.co.za
9. Please help us reduce wastage and abuse by taking no more than 1 coke and 2 water sachets per table!
The 42.2km route will be a "double lap" course.
1. The race is held under the rules of ASA, CGA
2. Runners participate at their own risk
3. All runners, both temporary licenced and registered athletes competing in the marathon amd half marathon must wear the issued race number on the front of their vests
4. Half-marathon runners will be identified by a BLACK coloured race number, marathon race number is RED
5. Registered athletes must belong to a club affiliated to ASA and must wear club colours and thier current licence on the back of their vests
6. Non-registered runners may purchase a temporary licence @ R20 for the 21km Half Marathon
7. Temporary licenced athletes must wear plain clothing with the race number on the front and the temp licence on the back of their vest
8. Minimum age for competitors is: 21.1km - 16years of age and 42.2km - 20years of age
9. Numerical age category tags must be visible on both front and back of vests. Registered runners without tags back and front will not qualify for any age prize
10. Only athletes who have filled in All information on the race numder tear-off strip will be eligible for prizes
11. No seconding and no bicycles allowed on the route. Ample refreshments stations will be provided
12. Runners indemnify the National, Provincial, and Regional bodies, sponsors, and organisers of the race against all or any actions of whatever nature that may occur during the race
13. Proof of age for prize winners will be required to be presented to referees before prize giving. Prizes will be held unitil confirmed
14. In the event of a pre-entrant not participating, he / she may not allow another runner to use his / her number without prior permission from the race organiser - which must be obtained at least 24 hrs in advance
15. All traffic officers and marshals instructions must be obeyed. Failure to comply may lead to disqualification
16. Regret, athletes not allowed to participate with pets, no wheelchair athletes, cyclists, blades or mechanically operated devices may participate
17. No refund of entry fees will be considered
18. International athletes to provide Clearance Letter to the referees in the event of winning a prize
Camping Facilities are available. Please contact Rietvlei Zoo Farm Office for bookings.
Mathilda: 072 679 0874
I declare at I am an amateur and agree to abide by the rules of the race as well as the rules of ASA and CGA. I will participate in the race at my own risk and hereby idemnify national and provincial bodies, sponsors and organisers against any action or claim of whatever nature that may arise as a result of my participation in this event.