The annual 4 Peaks Mountain Challenge takes place on Heritage Day, the 24th of September 2016 . Dubbed as the toughest 24km trail race in South Africa with a vertical accent of over 1800m, the race takes place on the picturesque Moolmanshoek Private Game Reserve. This tough race is self-supported and self-navigational and as the route is circular it makes it a good entry level event for those that are looking for something more challenging than running on the trail.
The terrain is definitely not for the faint of heart and good preparation is a must. Four very distinctive peaks make up the race as one circle around the Moolmanshoek valley. The route is not marked, but is very easy to traverse with marshals and very clear signage at key places. There are some very steep sections along the route that need to be navigated with the two toughest places being behind Jakobsberg and Visierskerf. 4 Peaks is a completely unsupported race, meaning that all athletes will need to carry everything they will need for the race on their person.
• EVENT NAME: 4 Peaks Mountain Challenge
• VENUE: Moolmanshoek Private Nature Reserve
• DISTANCE FROM BLOEMFONTEIN/ JOHANNESBURG : 250KM/320KM
• TIME OF YEAR: Mid September
• ENTRIES LIMITED : 200 Athlethes on a first come first serve basis
• ENTER AS: Individuals
• CUT-OFFS: Will be enforced
• DISTANCES: 24km
• AVERAGE DURATION : 3hrs / 9hrs
ENTRY INFO: www.4peaks.co.za
Last update on this event: 24/08/2016
Event added: 24/08/2016