Take Part In The Annual Slow-Mag Marathon
Official CGA Half Marathon Champ event for 2015.
26 Apr 2015
Benoni Northerns Sports Club, Albert Bekker Park, Corner O’Reilly Merry Street and Brodigan Street, Northmead, Benoni
Online Start Date:
22 Dec 2014
Online End Date:
17 Apr 2015
Race Office / Madge Attwell
072 819 2122 079 836 4019 / 083 573 1011
Distance & Entry Fee
50km Ultra R182.40
50km Ultra Runners 60yrs+ R91.20
42.2km Runners 60yrs+ R79.80
21.1km Runners 60yrs+ R57
10km Runners 60yrs+ R26
5km Runners 60yrs+ R26
06h30 for Ultra, Full and Half Marathon
06h40 for 10km and 5km Family Fun Run
Benoni Northerns Sports Club, Albert Bekker Park, Cnr O’Reilly Merry & Brodigan Street, Northmead Benoni
GPS co-ordinates: Latitude: 26o10’23.16”S
LATE ENTRIES WILL BE TAKEN AT BNAC ON SATURDAY 25th APRIL FROM 10am-5pm AND ON THE MORNING OF THE RACE FROM 04:30. No postal or faxed entries.
Pre-entries online or in-store. Pre-entry closing date: 17th April 2015.
T-Shirts For all Entrants (17th April 2015)
Prize Giving: 10 & 21.1km at 09h00 and 42.2km & 50km at 11h00.
Race Results: Will Be Available Online: www.raceresults.co.za
For Route Info: Visit www.slowmag.co.za
and click on ‘events’
CGA Wishes to take this opportunity to warn the club that there appears to be a crime syndicate working races. There are on-going theft problems, especially regarding race entries, temp licenses and motor vehicles. Please take any and all precautions that you can.
1. The race is run in accordance with the rules of A.S.A and CGA. Athletes indemnify the national, provincial and regional bodies, sponsors and organisers of the race against all or any actions of whatsoever nature: what ever same may be arising out of their participation of the race.
2. Registered athletes, who must be members of a club affiliated to A.S.A., to wear their club colours and 2015 licence numbers (front and back).
3. Slow-Mag® race number to be worn on the front of the athletes vest.
4. Minimum age of competitors on the day of the race 16 years for the half marathon and 20 years for the marathon and ultra marathons. Numeric age category ID tags to be worn on the back and front of the vest and clearly visible. Proof of age must be produced on request on race day. Fun run entrants to be 9 years or older on race day.
5. Temporary licences will be available at the start. Temporary licensed athletes to wear plain clothing with the issued temporary licence numbers.
6. Walkers welcome for the 21.1km. Walkers to comply with international walking rules.
7. Walkers to wear identifying Ws clearly visible back and front.
8. Wheelchair athletes welcome but due to safety reasons may only participate in the 21km race. Only the following wheelchairs may compete, normal athletes chair, or a rugby, basketball and tennis wheelchair. Other types of wheelchairs will not be accepted due to safety reasons.
9. No seconding allowed. 5 hour cut-off for the marathon with an additional cut off at the +/- 27km mark at 4 hours. Ultra Marathon cut-off is 6 hours, with an additional cut-off at 5 hours 15 minutes at the 41.5km mark.
10. Proof of age for prize winners may be required and to be presented to referees before prize giving. Prizes will be withheld until age is confirmed.
11. No blade, cyclist or mechanically operated device allowed in the race.
12. Regrettably, no animals will be allowed on the route of the race.
13. No refunds will be entertained.
14. International athletes must provide a clearance letter from their country of origin to the referee in the event of them winning a prize.
15. Prize winners must be present at the prize giving.
16. Athletes are only eligible for prizes if ALL info is filled in on the stickers or race number tear off.
17. Wearing headphones / earphones is prohibited.
18. Licensed athletes may not wear plain clothing.
19. Proof of age (Green bar coded ID book).
20. Temporary licenced athletes must wear plain clothing.
21. All runners participate at their own risk. Athletes must be medically fit to participate and supply the name and contact number of their next of kin on both the race number and entry form.
22. All instructions from traffic and race officials must be obeyed at all times.
23. The race organizer retains the right to refuse entry and eject persons under the influence of drugs or alcohol, who are disorderly, or engage in inapropriate behaviour, vandalism or evadde paying admission.
Positions in each category for Ultra, Full, Half Marathons and 10km as above Gold Medal.
All finishers under 3:45 hours for Ultra Marathon Silver Medal.
All finishers under 3 hours for Marathon Silver Medal.
All finishers under 86 minutes for half Marathon Silver Medal.
Take R21 to JHB
Turn left at Benoni off ramp
Follow road until Great North Rd and turn left into Great North Rd
Turn left into Celia Nestadt
Follow road - sports fi elds on right-hand side
Cnr O’Reilly Merry and Brodigan
Take N12 Benoni
Take Snake Rd off ramp and turn left at next robots (5th Ave)
At the next robot turn right (2nd St)
2nd becomes O’Reilly Merry
BNSC on left-hand side Cnr O’Reilly Merry and Brodigan
Race Info & Enquiries
Race office 072 819 2122 / 079 836 4019 or email email@example.com
Madge Attwell 083 573 1011
For route info, visit www.slowmag.co.za
and click on ‘events’
In Store Entries
- The Sweat Shop, Irene: 012 665 0048
- The Sweat Shop, Dunkeld West Centre, Jan Smuts Ave: 011 325 2567/8
- The Sweat Shop, Fourways: 011 467 5966
- The Bedford Sweat Shop, 2 Bedfordview Arcade, Van Buuren Rd. 011 450 2421
- The Randburg Runner, Sanlam Court, cnr 5th and 4th Ave, Linden: 011 888 9644
- Run away Sports, 302 Freesia St, Lynwood Ridge, Pretoria: 012 361 3733
- Sportsmans Warehouse, Boksburg Value Mart: 011 823 3350
- Woodstock Cycles, Benoni, O’Reilly Merry Street: 011 849 1305