Diepkloof Athletic Club
27 Oct 2013
University Of Johannesburg Soweto Campus
Online Start Date:
30 Aug 2013
Online End Date
: 25 Oct 2013
Sebenzile / Godfrey / Mathapelo
082 314 5246 / 072 567 5030 / 078 800 3070
Distance & Entry Fee
10km Run R46
10km Walk R46
Temporary License: 21.1km - R36 / 10km - R26
5km Fun Run R21
Free Entry For Grand Masters 60yrs+
21.1km Run 06:00
10km Run 06:00
10km Walk 06:00
5km Dash Fun Run 06:15
University Of Johannesburg (Soweto Campus)
Entries: Will also be taken on the following days at the University of Johannesburg (Soweto Campus)
25thof October 2013 from 12h00 till 17h00
26th of October 2013 from 09h00 till 19h00
27th of October 2013 from 04h00 till 05h30
Please Produce The Proof Of Payment When Colleting Your Race Number
* The 10km Walk is an official CGA walk race and walkers will be judged according the IAAF rules for walking.
* Refreshments station will provide Coke and water sachets do your bit to ensure that the race is litter free.
* Only official and accredited vehicles will be allowed to park at the Finish & the club hospitality areas.
* The entry fee is non-refundable
* Toilets facilities will be available at the venue
Results will be available at the venue
Tog bag facilities available at the venue (At Owner's Risk)
Prize Giving & Lucky Draw Prizes
This will take place at the venue as stipulated under Race Information.
Rules - ALL ATHLETES
1. The time limits for all events will apply as stipulates under Race Information.
2. All entrants must be amateurs as defined under ASA rules and according to the age restrictions as stipulated under Race Information.
3. Marshalls and traffic officials must be obeyed at all times. Failure to comply with their instructions may lead to immediate disqualification.
4. NO SECONDING OR VEHICLES ON ROUTES WILL BE ALLOWED
5. All entrants will participate under CGA and ASA and it is the athlete’s responsibility to familiarize themselves with the rules.
6. It is the responsibility of each athlete to ensure that he or she is medical fit and healthy to participate in any of the events.
7. The race committee reserves the right to accept or reject any entry.
8. The judges’ decision is final.
9. Proof of age must be presented on request at the race. This is essential for athlete competing for a category prize.
10. Athletes competing for a category prize must wear official age category ID tags and “W” tags for walkers (front & back of the running vest)
11. Regret no wheelchair athletes, blade, cyclist or mechanically operated device allowed in the races.
12. No animas are allowed in the races.
13. No 2,3 or 4 wheel carts / prams which are mechanically operated device allowed in the races.
14. Temporary licensed athletes are eligible for open and category prizes, provided they have the age category tag clearly visible back and front of the running vest.
15. LICENSED ATHLETS
- All entrants for 10km and 21km events must be in possession of a valid 2013 licence number which must be worn on the back of the running vest. The race number issued by the organizers must be worn on the front of the running vest.
- Foreign athletes must comply with IAAF rule 4, par regarding handing over their permits to the organiser.
16. UNLICENSED ATHLETS
- Unlicensed athletes of the 21km and 10km must purchase a temporary license number. This number must be worn on the back of the running vest and the race number issued by the organisers must be worn on the front of the running vest.
17. AGE GIVING (age on day of race)
Juniors: under 20 yrs.
Open (seniors): between 20 and 39 yrs.
Age Group: between 40 and 49 yrs
Age Group: between 50 and 59 yrs
Age Group: between 60 and 69 yrs
I declare that I agree to abide by the rules of the event. I will participate in the race at my own risk and hereby indemnify Athletics South Africa, Central Gauteng Athletics, Diepkloof Athletics Club and sponsors of the race against any action or claim of whatsoever nature, which may result out of my participation in the event.