Organised by the Dutch Reformed (NG) Church of Deneysville (under guidance of Sasolburg Marathon Club)
In accordance with ASA and IAAF rules
: 29 Nov 2014
: Free State
: N G Church, 28 Main Street, Deneysville
Online Start Date:
13 Aug 2014
Online End Date
: 29 Nov 2014
084 392 2971 / 082 564 7728
Distance & Entry Fee
10km Licensed Athlete R66
10km Unlicensed Athletes R82
Temp License Inc
4km Fun Fun R15
Entry fee is non-refundable and no substitutions are allowed
Start and Finish: N G Church, 28 Main Street, Deneysville
GPS: -26.8905375, 28.0971953 (26°53'25.9"S 28°05'49.9"E)
Friday, 28th November 2014 from 17:00 to 19:00 at the Church grounds, 28 Main Street, Deneysville.
Saturday 29th November from 06:00 at the venue.
10km Medals: First 500 athletes receives a special medal sponsored by Century Electrical:
10km Prize Money (Open)
Men 1st R2000 Women 1st R2000
Men 2nd R1000 Women 2nd R1000
Men 3rd R500 Women 3rd R500
First 3 finishers of the 4km race each receives a special gift hamper.
Lucky draws will be done to determine a further number of receivers of special gift hampers.
Prize giving will take place at 10:00 at the Start / Finish venue.
Athletes are responsible to collect their own prizes or make alternative arrangements with the Event Organiser.
Lucky draw prizes will be forfeited if the athlete is not present.
1. Start and Finish: Grounds of the Dutch Reformed Church, 28 Main Street, Deneysville.
2. Refreshment stations shall be provided at every 3km intervals or more frequently if weather conditions such provision. Refreshments shall be available for sale at the Start / Finish venue.
3. Distance markers will be placed at every kilometer.
4. The cut-off time for the race is 1 hour 45 minutes.
5. First aid is available at the start and the finish.
6. Ablution facilities will be available at the Start / Finish venue.
7. The 10km route will cross the wall of the Vaal Dam.
1. Minimum age on race day is 15 years for the 10km and 9 years for the 4km
2. Athletes must stay on the right hand side of the road at all times, unless instructed differently by the marshals and Traffic Officers.
3. Athletes must participate in their correct club colours and display the ASA 2014 license numbers on the FRONT of the vest. All other runners must display AFS temporary numbers on front of vest. Temp numbers available at registration. NO advertising allowed.
4. No seconding from cyclists or private vehicles will be allowed on the route. Personnel seconding will only be permitted within 1m on either side of a refreshment station.
5. Athletes must give proof of their age at the request of a Race Referee. (Original ID / Birth Certificate / Permanent Residence Permit).
6. All foreign athletes must comply with IAAF rule 142 and 4.2. Foreign athletes must be able to produce a letter from the respective federation permitting them to participate on race day.
7. No Earphones (IAAF Rule 144.2b), Animals (ASA Rule 21.4.1) or Racers (ASA Rule 21.4.3) allowed on all distances.
8. The race is held under the rules of ASA and IAAF. All competitors must comply with the rules, regulations and instructions given by officials, marshals and traffic officials. Non-compliance may lead to disqualification. The Race referee's decision is final. The race organiser reserve the right to accept / reject any entry received.
083 553 3466 (Deon Pretorius)
073 370 6995 (Vaal Emergency Care)
I agree not to hold the organisers or any persons assisting in the organisation or holding of the race liable for any loss, injury or illness, which I may suffer directly or indirectly as a result of participating in the race, or for any damages to my property or loss of my property which I may suffer directly as a result of participating in the race.
No Cheques are accepted.
At the office of the Deneysville Dutch Reformed Church during office hours. Office hours : Mon & Thur : 09h00 to 13h00 and 15h00 to 17h00.
Completed entry forms may also be faxed to 016 371 1405, or E-mailed to email@example.com