Walking 100kms through Namaqualand at the peak of the flowering season is a truly breathtaking trip – and the best way of experiencing the wonder of flowers in this semi-desert region. Many of the plant species found in Namaqualand are endemic and found nowhere else in the world. Visit places like Namaqua Nature Reserve, with its unique orange daisies, the cultural villages of Leliefontein and Nourivier to Garies. Walk the Kammies Mountains - into the “Knersvlakte” with its unique succulents to finish in the Cedarberg Mountains with its funny but beautiful rock formations.
- The distance per day is walked in 6 - 7km stretches, with safari style rest breaks in the veldt, or an interesting cultural or historical stop along the way.
- You meet the locals, eat their food and learn about their history.
- Walking is done on gravel roads without a backpack – no hiking trails.
- Accommodation is mostly on guest farms
• A support vehicle and team are there to assist you throughout the day.
Last update on this event: 02/07/2017
Event added: 02/07/2017